Careers at JWF Defense
"The Purpose of JWF is to Allow Our People to Succeed."
- Bill Polacek, President and CEO
At JWF Industries, we offer employment opportunities in many of the hottest manufacturing trades, including welding, machining, machine operations, material handling, inventory control, equipment maintenance, engineering, and program management. For the entry-level production employee, we have a college-accredited weld school to get you started as a fully-certified production welder and we offer a wide range of continuing technical training. Our weld school also gives you the opportunity to earn college credits towards an associates’ degree in Welding Technology through Pennsylvania Highlands Community College. We pay 100% of the tuition for all employees enrolled in this program.
An apprenticeship program for our machining department has also been established. Under this four-year, state-certified program, entry level employees can gain valuable experience while learning to program and operate the many computer numerical controlled (CNC) equipment at our Machine Shop.
All employees are eligible for a tuition reimbursement program that allows for up to $5,250 per year for continuing education or professional accreditation. In addition, employees are encourages to seek higher education. JWF has also developed a partnership with Penn Highlands to bring college accredited classes on site every quarter.
For the experienced craft worker, we offer challenging opportunities as welder-fitters, lead welders, certified manual and CNC machinists and many other positions that support a growing list of demanding customers that have come to expect the finest quality products and services form JWF Defense.
In addition, JWF offers employment opportunities in a variety of cutting-edge professional fields including mechanical and industrial engineering, robotics, procurement, supply chain management, accounting and finance, human resources, and industrial management.
Click the button below to view our current listing of job openings and to submit your resume.
What you can expect as a JWF Defense employee
- Be part of an established, successful company that has grown and developed new business in support of the needs of a sophisticated customer base for over 30 years.
- Work with highly-skilled people that have been selected on the basis of ability, attitude, and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.
- You’ll receive a competitive compensation program that rewards all employees according to their effort and contribution to the success of our business.
- We review wages, employee benefits, and working conditions constantly with the objective of providing maximum benefits consistent with sound business practices.
- You’ll receive paid vacations, personal time, and holidays for all eligible employees.
- We provide eligible employees with medical, disability, retirement and other benefits that include annual cost of living increases and a generous 401(k) retirement savings match up to 10%.
- We provide profit sharing when goals are met with 50% automatically deposited into your 401(k) retirement account
- Your benefits are 100% vested, including JWF’s retirement contribution, on day one.
- JWF strongly believes in investing in our employees. That’s why we provide up to $5,250 per year in tuition reimbursement.
- Our Welding Training Center provides employees with the opportunity to certify to various welding certifications and earn college credits on-site towards an Associate’s Degree in Welding Technology through Penn Highlands Community College.
- We provide training seminars and programs to our employees to expand our employee’s technical knowledge.
- The health and well-being of our employees is a top priority at JWF. That’s why we have an on-site gym with 24 hour access and a wellness program that provides employees with the opportunity of lowering their health insurance deductible by walking.
- Safety is a top priority at JWF. Production employees are provided an allowance of $90 every two years for the purchase of metatarsal boots.
- We develop competent people who understand and meet our objectives, and who accept with open minds the ideas, suggestions, and constructive criticisms of fellow employees.
- Employees, after talking with their manager, have an opportunity to discuss any problem with officers of JWF.
- We make prompt and fair adjustments of any complaints that may arise in the everyday conduct of our business, to the extent that is practicable.
- We respect individual rights and treat all employees with courtesy and consideration.
- We expect and maintain mutual respect in our working relationships.
- We provide buildings and offices that are attractive, comfortable, orderly, and safe.
- Employees are promoted on the basis of their ability and merit.
- All employees are informed of the progress of JWF Industries, as well as the company’s overall aims and objectives, on a quarterly basis.
- We do all these things in a spirit of friendliness and cooperation and continually celebrate our successes with our employees.