JWF’s Quality Policy
We are committed to design, manufacture, assemble, and coat products that meet our customer’s quality and on-time delivery requirements.
All employees have the responsibility and authority to implement, maintain, and continually improve the effectiveness of the company’s quality management system. We will make quality our competitive advantage rather than a customer requirement.
JWF Quality Objective
JWF will be a process based company striving to achieve 100% quality and delivery for every customer.
A Quality Plan, tailored to the customer’s needs, is drafted and incorporated into the project’s process map at kick-off. The Plan defines key metrics and includes an inspection strategy for each stage of production. Once approved by the program manager, it’s presented to the customer for final approval. The final Plan is incorporated into the process map and monitored and measured throughout the life of the project.
For vendors and subcontractors, Supplier Quality Requirements flow down on each line item on purchase orders and establish specific requirements. No changes from any drawings and/or specification are permitted without the written approval of JWF. Once received all parts are inspected in accordance with the approved engineering drawings and any specific requirements.
The Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) inspection requirements determined during the kick-off meeting are monitored and maintained during production. A 100% dimensional First Article Inspection (FAI) is documented on the first two pieces produced to ensure process capability control for high volume tasks. Each requirement is carefully analyzed and a determination made as to the methods, procedures, equipment, and sequence of inspection and tests. This ensures the product meets the specified requirements. In the event of a failure, an analysis is conducted to identify the root cause.
JWF was originally certified to the ISO 9001:2000 standard in 2003 by Quality Management Institute (QMI) and is currently certified to comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 by SAI Global Certification Services.
- ISO 9001:2008 – JWF Defense Systems and JWF Industries Headquarters Campus and Machine Shop
- ISO 9001:2008 – JWF Defense Systems and JWF Industries Vehicle Integration Facility
Additional Industry Certifications available through JWF’s Environmental Tank and Container (ETC) division:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) S Certification – for the manufacture and assembly of power boilers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) U Certification – for the manufacture of pressure vessels at the Johnstown location and field sites
- National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors R Certification – for the metallic repairs and/or alternations at the Johnstown location and field sites
- ISO 9001:2008 – Environmental Tank and Container location
Click on certification title to see certificate.
Quality Assurance Equipment
All measuring equipment used for documented inspection of product is calibrated at specified intervals to national measurement standards. Equipment is identified in order to determine its calibration status.
JWF maintains a documented Quality Management System (QMS) program in accordance with ISO 9001-2008 and has over 2,000 Detailed Fabrication and Machining Work Instructions. Prior to working on the product every employee involved is trained and signed off on the work instructions.
Part conformance is verified using the following equipment:
- Zeiss Contura G2 CMM
- Faro Arm Platinum (10’)
- Faro Arm Gold (10’)
- Faro Laser ScanArm V3 Tracker
- Faro Laser Tracker
- 3D Laser QC
- PolyWorks/Inspector with IMAlign™ (Node) software